DataEthics.eu is partnering with the German Goethe Institute on the launch of a Summer School in AI Ethics. In an interdisciplinary Europe-wide approach involving input talks, discussions and practical workshops, the Summer School delves into the ethical issues of AI applications and provides practical tools for identifying and addressing these issues. The programme will among others introduce students to theories on AI, human rights and power as well as constructive approaches to the design of data infrastructures with built in personal data control.
Where? The University of Bamberg (and online)
When? 26 – 30 September 2022
For whom? Young professionals and advanced students from all over Europe.
Apply between: 17 June – 17 July 2022
Why / Where / When / with Whom?
The development of AI-based technology raises ethical issues with regard to transparency, explainability, fairness, inclusion, robustness, security and regulation, which are seldom addressed in traditional technical courses of study. The AI & Ethics Summer School takes an interdisciplinary approach featuring partners and lecturers from academia, civil society and the AI development community, to address these issues.
What does the AI & Ethics Summer School offer?
At the AI & Ethics Summer School, you will:
- Take part in a modular programme exploring in depth AI-related ethical issues from various theoretical and interdisciplinary angles
- Enhance your practical competence in identifying and handling ethical problems in everyday working life
- In practically oriented workshops given by experts, learn concrete methods you can apply to your own work
- Learn how to embed the discussions and findings in an EU-wide legal context
- Become part of an international interdisciplinary network
See more at the AI Ethics Summer School website