DataEthics-Research/Academic focuses on critical independent academic research. We are developing our evidence and research base. The objective is to conduct and publish interdisciplinary constructive research with a trans-technical and sectoral focus on data technology and practices. This includes identifying, engaging and collaborating with key academic and research actors in the field.
Currently DataEthics is exploring:
- The conceptualisation of data, ethics and power
- Sustainability issues of the data of AI (The Data Pollution & Power Initiative)
- Data ethics in public procurement of AI
What is ‘data ethics’?
There are a range of theories, practices and methods within applied ethics, legal studies and cultural studies, social and political sciences, as well as a movement within policy, civil society organisations and even the industry that are, and have been for a long time, shaping what we today refer to as “data ethics”.
See more here.
- DataEthics.eu’s Affiliated Scholars paper “Generating AI: A Historical, Cultural, and Political Analysis of Generative Artificial Intelligence” submitted to the Office of the UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Technology Call for Papers on Global AI Governance.
- DataEthics.eu contributes to the Sustainable AI Conference University of Bonn
- DataEthics.eu contributes to the International AI Doctoral Academy online event on Education at PhD level across Europe in the panel on ChatGPT 9th March 2023.
- DataEthics.eu contributes to the study by the Netherlands Council
for Government Policy Mission AI
- White Paper: Data Pollution & Power – A White Paper for the Global Sustainable AI Agenda by Gry Hasselbalch with contributions from the Data Pollution & Power Group.
- AI Ethics Summer School – Call for Applications closed.
- “Unlimited love can serve as a weapon against the liquidity of power” – book launch at the John Cabot University.
- DataEthics.eu is part of CAIDPs Global Academic Network