DataEthics-Research focuses on critical independent research input to policy and business development. We are developing our evidence and research base. The objective of DataEthics Research is to conduct and publish interdisciplinary constructive research with a trans-technical and sectoral focus on data technology and practices. This includes identifying, engaging and collaborating with key academic and research actors in the field.
Currently DataEthics is exploring:
- The conceptualisation of data, ethics and power
- Sustainability issues of the data of AI (The Data Pollution & Power Initiative)
- Data ethics in public procurement of AI
What is ‘data ethics’?
There are a range of theories, practices and methods within applied ethics, legal studies and cultural studies, social and political sciences, as well as a movement within policy, civil society organisations and even the industry that are, and have been for a long time, shaping what we today refer to as “data ethics”.
See more here.
- New White Paper: Data Pollution & Power – A White Paper for the Global Sustainable AI Agenda by Gry Hasselbalch with contributions from the Data Pollution & Power Group.
- AI Ethics Summer School – Call for Applications closed.
- “Unlimited love can serve as a weapon against the liquidity of power” – book launch at the John Cabot University.
- The International Forum on Digital and Democracy: Call for Papers
- DataEthics.eu is taking part in CAIDPs Global Academic Network