DataEthics-Research focuses on critical independent research input to policy and business development. We are developing our evidence and research base. The objective of DataEthics Research is to conduct and publish interdisciplinary constructive research with a trans-technical and sectoral focus on data technology and practices. This includes identifying, engaging and collaborating with key academic and research actors in the field.
Currently DataEthics is exploring:
- The conceptualisation of data, ethics and power
- Sustainability issues of the data of AI
- Data ethics in public procurement of AI
- A framework for the requirements of a new Danish legal provision on annual data ethics reporting for large companies.
What is ‘data ethics’?
There are a range of theories, practices and methods within applied ethics, legal studies and cultural studies, social and political sciences, as well as a movement within policy, civil society organisations and even the industry that are, and have been for a long time, shaping what we today refer to as “data ethics”.
See more here.
- AI Ethics Summer School – Call for Applications open!
- A conversation with Gry Hasselbalch about Bonn Sustainable AI Lab’s Data Pollution Initiative
- Watch the panel debate The EU Data Strategy and the Role of of Ethics at ReImagine Europa’s event
- “Unlimited love can serve as a weapon against the liquidity of power” – book launch at the John Cabot University.
- Looking forward to participate in the Scientific Committee of the 2022 edition of the International Forum on Digital and Democracy.
- DataEthics.eu is taking part in CAIDPs Global Academic Network
- Francesco Lapenta presented Our Common AI Future at the Global Cyber Security Day 2021
- DataEthics’ is Dissemination Partner in the Data Pollution & Power Initiative at the Bonn University’s Sustainable AI Lab
- Read DataEthics.eu’s white paper on data ethics in public procurement of AI funded by the Luminate Group.